Fill in the Blank Friday is a weekly feature on the little things we do, another blog I adore. She invites people to participate, and this is my first go at it!
1. Giving is better than receiving. I know it sounds cliche, but it’s true.
2. Receiving is pretty nice too! For one thing, new stuff is great (don’t judge me), but it also means a lot to know that the giver cares enough about you to give.
3. The best gift I ever received was a bracelet my parents gave me for graduating from college. Not only is it gorgeous, but my mom has one just like it. It makes me feel special, like the bracelets are a “thing” we have together.
4. The best gift I ever gave was any and all crocheted items I’ve given people (blankets, handtowels, scarves). I started crocheting last year on a whim, but learned to really enjoy it. Giving items I’ve handmade means a lot to me (and hopefully to the receivers too) because they take so much time and care to make.
5. Something intangible that I wish I could receive is the ability to sing well. I LOVE singing, but I am usually pretty off-key. I try to only really belt it out when no one’s there to hear me.
6. Something intangible that I wish I could give is inner peace. I wish I could give the people I care about the peace to carry them through all of life’s storms.
7. The one gift I always wanted as a child, but never got was to be honest, I don’t remember! I don’t consider myself to be a spoiled child, but I did have a ton of toys. I can’t recall anything that I really wanted and didn’t get.